Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I Do Care

You may always hear that life is short, and you shouldn't waste a moment of it. People who say that are right. You never know what might come up the next day. You may never know when you last day is.

I bring this subject up because I have noticed that some of my friends have lost their family members. Earlier this morning a friend from high school had his grandfather pass away earlier this morning. Just last week, two of my from friends' moms passed away. This is days after Mother's Day. This really let's you know that just because you see them yesterday does not mean you will see them tomorrow.

I know we live in a world where everyone is busy and has hardly enough time for themselves(I have been one of them), but we aren't too busy to let someone know we care about them. Time is precious and limited. I know this from experience.

I had a cousin I hung out all the time when we were kids. I could remember the times we stay at each other's house and play video games or just watch wrestling together. As we grew up, we did our own things. He played football, and I was in the band. We always saw each other at special family events but never hung out like we used to. We always try to hang out, but our schedules wouldn't work out. Then a few years ago, I found out that someone shot and killed him. That moment felt so unreal. I never thought he would leave this world that soon, but he did.

I am not trying to have a sob moment. What I am trying to get out is that life is too short to not let people know how much you care about. No matter if it's a friend, family, coworker, or whoever it is let them know that you care. If you haven't seen them in a while, take some time out and go out for a drink or lunch. Spend quality time together and catch up on lost time.

I wish I could bring my cousin back, so we can hang out more. I sadly cannot do that. There is one thing I can do though. I can spend as much time as I can with the people I care and love with now while they are still around. I hope you will do that same and make every moment count.

1 comment:

  1. A great reminder. I try to never let too long pass without speaking to my family if at least on the phone.

    ReplyDelete

Template by Pink + Lola